Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wanted: Cat Freak Part 1

Tuesday February 7, 2012

Classes were average, eating lunch with friends was mediocre, and dinner with a few acquaintances gave off a wonderful vibe for the day.

Then I went to this knitting/crocheting circle the Butler Catholic Community was hosting, and will be hosting, every Tuesday from 5-7PM now. It was okay, the students were rather boring and didn't discuss anything outside of what could be considered "small talk" subjects. After spending about an hour and a half there knitting, crocheting, and studying for a German test tomorrow, I left the building and walked back to the dorm.

Suddenly, three cats crossed the road, one after the other! A black one, a calico, and a white one with a dark blotch on its posterior side. They all scurried from Norris Plaza to the bushes
part of the landscape design, on the side of the street where the Irwin Library is.
Freaking out because three adorable cats just crossed the road, I looked into the bushes where they had gone, and saw the black one eating out of this paper tray filled with cat food! Not that I believed the cat would actually come, but I beckoned to it and continued to plead, "C'mere kitty~" It of course didn't come, and actually ran away across the street.
The third cat I had seen had already run off by this time.

Looking through the somewhat-dead bushes, I scoured for the second cat; the calico.
Lo' and behold, the calico was in the furthest corner of the fortress of bushes, staring at me intently, probably thinking I was going to eat it or something.

So, Cat Person, I hope we meet someday in the near future! You, Amanda, and I would be great friends! Hope you get the little letter I wrote for you!

1 comment:

  1. Part 1? Here's hoping that Part 2 of this story will come VERY soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete